- Who We Are
- The Orange County Humane Society (OCHS) is dedicated to the protection of abused, unwanted, neglected and under-appreciated animals.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
This is for a basic pet first-aid kit. For convenience, you may want to make one for your home and another for your car. It is also a suitable disaster preparedness kit.
• Sterile gauze pads (3" x 3" and 2" X 2") and gauze bandage rolls (1" and 2")
• First aid adhesive tape, 1" roll
• Cotton swabs (Q-tips®)
• Plastic freezer/sandwich bags
• Small bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide
• Styptic pencil or cornstarch (stems blood flow from minor cuts)
• Antibacterial ointment
• Antiseptic cleansing wipes
• Kaopectate® or Pepto-Bismol®
• A current pet first-aid book
• Mineral oil (a lubricant and laxative when given by mouth)
• Digital or rectal thermometer in a plastic case
• Leather work gloves (to protect you from being bitten)
• Latex gloves
• Thin rope
• Splint materials (tongue depressor, 12-inch wooden ruler or thick magazine)
Place the contents in a plastic storage box, tackle box or coffee can with lid.
senior pet special!!!
Pets 7 years or older are $65
|Monday||10:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||10:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Thursday||10:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Friday||10:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Sunday||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|10:00 am||10:00 am||10:00 am||10:00 am||10:00 am||9:00 am||9:00 am|
|6:00 pm||6:00 pm||6:00 pm||6:00 pm||6:00 pm||5:00 pm||5:00 pm|
Thank you to the OC Humane Society team for introducing us to Maxwell (now Bruno) he has been an amazing addition to our little family. He knows all of his basic commands and even knows heel! A surprise to us since he was found as a stray.